Thursday, April 16, 2009

Flying Blind

I've kinda felt like I've been on overload or something lately for no particular reason. More people have been starting to know who I am lately, so maybe that's it. And maybe part of me was just hoping for a little more time to figure out and define exactly who that was. But I think I've come up with some pretty good stuff so far.
I had a request for a session recently with a guy who had seen my clips from my shoot with Trey. The whole thing was pretty last minute; the woman who ran the shoot and the space called me the night before and said that a regular of hers really wanted to session with me after seeing my clips but the only time he was available was the next evening at seven PM. I was a little dubious going in given the nature of that particular shoot, coupled with the fact that she didn't really have any specific details for me; the only direction she gave me was "light domination like foot worship, trampling, light spanking, and maybe some facesitting if you're comfortable with that." Well, that last one is an extremely rare event for me in general, and frankly, I wasn't sure how I was going to come up with an hour's worth of material based on the rest of it. But she assured me that the client was really great and that she'd known him for years, and ultimately, I wound up agreeing, figuring I'd try to pick her brain for a little more info once I got there.
"So, what's his story? What makes him tick?" I asked as I changed into the thong and bra she had provided for me (way less than I'd ever worn for a r/t session before in my life, but since she'd told me not to worry about bringing anything because they had everything there, I was kinda S.O.L.).
The only new info she gave me before rattling off his list of fetishes again was that his name was Billy* (something about grown men who still use the little boy version of their names like that has always kinda bothered me) and that he did something for a music production company and was constantly going back and forth between New York and L.A. Well, that and "don't be too mean because it's really just light domination."
Okay. So clearly I was to be flying blind here and just crossing my fingers for a smooth landing.
As it turned out though, the not knowing what to expect element really made me appreciate the experience. Billy was an absolute sweetheart, clean cut, respectful, well-mannered, and frankly, I think he would have been perfectly content to have spent the entire hour just talking and massaging my feet. He couldn't really take much (even the light spanking was too much for him, and much as he wanted to experience the trampling, he freaked out every time I tried to put my weight on him), and kept apologizing for it saying he "felt bad because (he) didn't want (me) to be bored." So after some cutesy, playful banter, (ie: "Aw... really, that hurts? But you're not even pink!" and "You really can't handle tiny, little 98 pound me?"), I improvised and just went with psychological bondage and sensation play, making things up as I went along. And with what felt like ridiculously minimal effort on my part, he went right into subspace. Which was a pretty cool feeling.
Anyway, I've never been that particular brand of energized after a session before, so I think I'm gonna be going with that whole cutesy, playful bit a lot more. Plus, the contrast of still maintaining that while upping the ante on someone who can take more should be a lot of fun, and I'm amazed something so simple didn't occur to me earlier.
And really? If I don't enjoy someone enough to share that kind of dynamic with them, I probably don't want to scene with them in the first place.
This, among other things, was something I discussed with Trey in an unexpected heart to heart the other day. He had contacted me to ask if I would mind if he were to do a forced bi session with another Mistress, and if not, would I want to be there for it or anything like that? He explained that he wanted to ask my permission first because he respects me and my knowledge of the scene, trusts my judgment, and feels attached to me ... even though he knows I don't formally own him. Which I found unbelievably sweet ... better than I've gotten from a few who shall remain nameless where there actually was some level of "formal attachment," and I told him as much ... though I was also sure to add that I didn't really see any reason why I would need to be there.
Anyway, all this escalated to his saying that even if I wasn't actually there, he wants to know that anything he explores fetish-wise is something I'm into. Which brought us to the whole "I want my subs to have their own interests and desires" theme of my last post, and me telling him that I would never want him to limit his own experiences in his journey because of his connection with me, and that ultimately, that would be limiting for both of us because we wouldn't be able to learn from each other the same way. This was another one of those right off the cuff moments where I say something out loud that I've never thought about before and it turns out to be something I actually really believe in. Those are a little bit awesome.
So I guess I've been doing a pretty respectable job with all this flying blind business I've had going on these days ... and y'know something? I'm actually kinda proud of myself for that.


1 comment:

  1. Great post!

    I love the dynamic you describe. Early on I felt I had to maintain a strict role that did not allow for the "cutesy and playful" attitudes on my part or on hers. That was waht I thought kink was. Thankfully, I've moved beyond that and sessions now are always held in an atmosphere where we are both allowed to enjoy each other's company.

    Needless to say, I saw a lot of myself in this post (right down ot the adult man using the childlike diminutive of his name!) I do strive to be the kind of subbie who can play in such an enjoyable atmosphere and also "take a lot more" as you say.

    You know, I suspect Maitresse Scarlette would tell you that a Mistress doesn't need to be a whip wielding ice queen stereotype. I think it's great you are finding other dynamics that work so well for you.

    ReplyDelete